Save Your Sanity: The Simple Way to Create a Powerful Rule
So much of your email is newsletters, special offers and promotions that it clogs your inbox and your mind. Thus, you get overwhelmed. Removing just a few of those will help you be more productive and let you get the most out of your newsletters and promotions. The next time you get an email promotions, follow these simple steps:
In Outlook 2010
- Right click the Inbox folder and click New Folder
- Enter a name for the folder you want to create (I called mine “Promos”)
- Right click the message containing your newsletter or promotions.
- Click Rules.
- Click “Always move messages from: [email address]”
- Click the folder you just created (Promos)
- Click the message containing your newsletter or promotions.
- Click the button More.
- Choose Filter messages like these
- Click create filter with this search
- Select Skip the inbox
- Select Apply the label (and choose your folder)
Dale is a business leader who is best known for providing business-focused I.T. leadership. He believes technology is not limited to increasing efficiency, but is essential to driving revenue. Dale strongly believes having great people is the critical ingredient to success no matter how great your technology might be.
Known to many in the promotional products industry as a leading technologist, Dale is using his mix of business and technology to help drive the industry forward. One of the leaders and founders of the PromoStandards effort, Dale and others are working hard to address industry inefficiencies. Dale also is a board member of PPAI through 2018.