2011 SAAGNY Board Installed
The 2011 Specialty Advertising Association of Greater New York (SAAGNY) board of directors, elected at the annual meeting in November, was installed on December 16 at the Chart House, Weehawken, N.J. The board's term of office will begin on January 1, 2011.
2011 Board of Directors
- President - Paula Shulman, CAS, Prime Line (S)
- President elect/vice president - Alan Baker, CAS, Creative Marketing Concepts (D)
- Treasurer/secretary - Mike Leone, Hit Promotional Products (S)
- Officer at large - Peter Farman, Sanford Business-To-Business (S)
- Immediate past president - Brett Schaffer, CAS, Soundline (S)
- Al Bernstein, MAS, Accent on Promotions (D)
- Rhonda Blum, Motivators (D)
- Carol Constantino, Noteworthy (S)
- George Gorniok, MAS, Notes Inc (S)
- Jamie Mark, Prime Line (S)
- Eric Rackoff, Staples Promotional Products (D)
- Michael Reisbaum, ProCon Marketing (D)
- Ken Tymula, Sterling Cut Glass (S)
At the same event, the recipient of the 2010 Hall of Fame Award was inducted into the SAAGNY Hall of Fame.
Established nearly 20 years ago, the SAAGNY Hall of Fame seeks to identify and honor those whose service made a difference for SAAGNY. Special people who did more than just volunteer. While everyone deserves recognition, only a few are selected by their peers for induction into the SAAGNY Hall of Fame.
2010 Hall of Fame - Ellen Bernstein, MAS
Ellen Bernstein, MAS, Accents on Promotions, Pomona, N.Y. exemplifies the qualities and accomplishments required to be inducted into the SAAGNY Hall of Fame. Bernstein's service to SAAGNY has been long in duration and encompasses every key aspect of the association. A former SAAGNY president, Bernstein served on the SAAGNY board of directors from 1999 to 2005. A firm believer in volunteering to give back, Bernstein has been a driving force behind The SAAGNY Foundation. Bernstein's service has not been restricted to SAAGNY, but has encompassed community service as well.