2018 Wrap-Up: Threads Top 10 Most-Read Stories of the Year
With the year winding down, we thought it would be fun to take a look back at our top 10 most-read style stories this year. By page views, these were the top stories from our Threads newsletter for 2018. From airline uniforms to Pantone predictions, here's your 2018 promotional apparel wrap-up.
1. People Are Very Confused About the Logo for One of Target's New Apparel Lines
A valuable lesson we learned in 2018 is that your logo is just as important as your apparel line. Target learned this the hard way when it released its new A New Day apparel line with a logo that was difficult to decipher.
2. Zac Posen's New Delta Airlines Uniforms Could Change In-Flight Fashion Forever
2018 was the year of the airline uniform, and Zac Posen's new Delta Airlines uniforms proved you can still look stylish even 31,000 feet in the sky.
3. Hot Dog Restaurant's Promotional T-shirts Cause Quite a Stir
Apparently our readers love controversy, and the T-shirt at the Weenies restaurant in Madison, N.J., was divisive to say the least.
4. New Delta Airlines Uniforms Already Causing Rashes for Flight Attendants
We told you 2018 was all about the airline uniforms. The year started off so great for Delta's Zac Posen-designed uniforms, but when the rollout began, employees started complaining about rashes from the Lands' End uniforms.
5. Pantone Predicts These Colors Will Be Huge This Spring
Pantone stories continued to be a hot topic in 2018. For spring, the color predictors forecasted that Fiesta, Jester Red, Turmeric and Living Coral would be top trend-setters. It turns out these predictions were right on the money.
6. So Not Hot: Here Are the Apparel Brands Teens Hate This Year
Teenagers always know what's in and what's out. This year, Nike, American Eagle and adidas were the top brands for the kids.
7. Nike's New Athletic Apparel Idea Has a Terrible Name But Is Pretty Genius
In 2018, Nike filed a patent for athletic apparel with built-in towels for wiping away excess sweat. Pretty genius, right? We thought so, too. The only problem was the name Nike chose for its new technology: Wipe Zones. We hate it when bad names happen to good products.
8. The 5 Best Charity T-shirts of 2018 (So Far)
We love spotlighting great charity T-shirts, so we're thrilled this roundup made the top 10. It included looks from Beyonce, ASOS, The Wing, Victoria Beckham and Lane Johnson.
9. 2018 Style Guide: SanMar's Vicki Ostrom on What Millennials Want In Promotional Apparel (and More)
In the spring, our annual 2018 Style Guide hit the newsstand. We interviewed SanMar about what distributors can expect for the season, and the company informed us that sport stripes, varsity silhouettes, millennial pink and heathered looks were trending.
10. Jonah Hill Made a Shirt for His New Movie 'Mid90s' and It Sold Out Within Hours
Jonah Hill's directorial review was a cinematic success, but it was the merchandise we couldn't help but lose our minds over.