Bic Announces Bic Ecolutions Day
Headquartered in Clearwater, Fla, BIC Graphic USA announced the celebration of BIC Ecolutions Day. “This day was dedicated to celebrating our company’s new green product line for 2008, called BIC Ecolutions,” said BIC group graphic president Jack Teague. “This launch further illustrates our continued commitment to sustainable development.”
As part of BIC Ecolutions Day, both Progress Energy of Raleigh, N.C., and Pinellas County Recycling of St. Pete, Fla. visited BIC Graphic USA’s headquarters to educate employees on the different types of actions they can put in place at home in order to conserve energy and improve recycling methods.
BIC is offering the following new products and features for 2008:
• BIC Round Stic® Ecolutions™, made with 76 percent pre-consumer recycled plastic.
• BIC Clic Stic® Ecolutions™, made with 67 percent pre-consumer recycled plastic.
• BIC Tri-Stic® Ecolutions™ and BIC Tri-Stic® WideBody® Ecolutions™, made with 19 percent pre-consumer recycled plastic. The barrel, section and clip are made from a material containing an average of 40 percent pre-consumer recycled content.
• BIC Sticky® Note Ecolutions™ are made from recycled paper stock and certified by independent organizations, including Green Seal. BIC Sticky Note products can be produced using 30 percent recycled paper, of which 70 percent is from post-consumer waste.
• The BIC Clic® pen is produced using plastic made from a renewable resource: softwood forests, harvested under a program of sustainable yield that represents environmentally responsible management of our natural resources.
• BIC Graphic USA prints sales materials on recycled paper containing 10 percent post-consumer fiber.
“In addition to these new products and features, BIC Graphic USA continues to minimize the environmental impact of our products and manufacturing processes through our day-to-day initiatives,” added Teague. “For example, our corrugated shipping boxes are comprised of a minimum of 30 percent recycled paper, of which 70 percent is from post-consumer waste. In addition, by developing long-lasting and lightweight products, like our BIC Clic Stic and Round Stic® with over one mile of writing ink, there is less impact on the environment. These are just a few examples of how our voluntary approach to social responsibility and sustainable development proves our commitment to ethical and responsible business practices around the world.”