CBD, Fanny Packs and Mr. Potato Head—What's In the VMA Swag Bag
The VMAs might not be getting the viewership of other big-name entertainment parties, like the Grammys or the Oscars, but the show is still a major party in the music biz. And, because of that, the organizers don't typically skimp on the swag bags that attendees receive.
Like other events, there are glitzy gifts—shopping sprees, vacations and experiences—but we're going to focus on the promotional products that stood out to us for being especially luxurious, interesting or downright bizarre.
You can check out the full list on Yahoo, but here are our highlights:
- Hand-fired Marrakech mug from Caskata
- Extra Refreshers soft chew from Extra Gum
- Mr. Potato Head Movin' Lips toy from Hasbro. Apparently it uses more than 40 phrases and "four parodies to popular songs," such as "Lips Are Movin'" by Meghan Trainor. We can't think of any reason why this wouldn't be hilarious and fun.
- Gifts from Invitation Consultants, which specializes in invitations, stationary and office gifts.
- Fortnite Drone from Jazwares, because everything is Fortnite-related right now.
- Bracelet from Little Words Project
- Acrylic Handbag Hanger from The Luxe Bag
- CBD Lotion from New World CBD. Folks, CBD products are only growing in popularity. If you're not thinking about including them in promotional capacities, you're behind the curve.
- Brushed aluminum coasters from Sparkles Home
- Carry-on luggage from Samsara Luggage
- Custom furry fanny pack, sunglasses, T-shirt and pet bandana from truth. The items are related to truth's #DontTestOnHumanscampaign where "animals are protesting JUUL because no one knows the long-term effects of their products." Much like CBD products, fanny packs are huge right now, too. They're also almost as controversial.
Hopefully this was a good look into what the entertainment industry's biggest stars are looking for in a gift. Chances are, if celebs want it, regular folks eventually will too.