Crystal D Celebrates Employees at 16th Annual WOW Day
Crystal D, St. Paul, Minn., celebrated its 16th annual WOW Day on Jan. 19, 2018. The company named 18 new award winners at the event.
WOW Day was designed to recognize the hard work and dedication of Crystal D employees throughout 2017. The company honored five new Value Champions and a new Grand Value Champion at the event. These six individuals were nominated throughout the year by their peers for embodying Crystal D's five core values. Final selections were made by the management team.
The 2017 Value Champions are:
- Grand Value Champion: David Schaeppi, production department
- Integrity Value Champion: Joe Christensen, art department
- Quality Value Champion: Derek Edwards, production department
- Respect Value Champion: Eric Wiberg, customer service department
- Commitment Value Champion: Jake Calleja, customer service department
- Passion Value Champion: Mike "Zito" Vitali, production department
Twelve other awards were distributed during WOW Day, including the Leadership Award, given to Rich "Fiish" Irvine, production manager.
"Richie has become a true leader in this organization," said company president Chuck Dahlgren at the event. "The organization looks to you for guidance, and we appreciate everything you do for us."
Other winners from WOW Day include:
- Rookies of the Year: Lexi Kurttila, marketing department, and Tawauna Garner, customer service department
- Rising Star: Jim Burke, business development; Ehgay Poe, production department
- Expect Excellence: Jen Contreras, marketing department
- Kick Ass Attitude: Becca Delaney, business development
- Step Up: Brenda Peralta, customer service department; Linda Chang, production department
- Above and Beyond: Tom Warkel, solutions department; Lee Yang, IT department
- Volunteer of the Year: Darlene Sheetz, accounting department
- Leadership Award: Rich "Fiish" Irvine, production department
For more information on Crystal D, visit www.crystal-d.com.