'Don't Miss It': How Promo Got Back to Business at Our Virtual Power Meeting Event
Over two weeks, from the end of August into September, more than 100 distributors and more than 30 suppliers got together for an event designed specifically to generate more business for those involved. Well, a virtual event, anyway.
The Back to Business Virtual Meeting, produced in partnership with our friends at Print+Promo, took our now-classic Power Meeting format—one-on-one meetings for distributors and suppliers to make connections that lead to meaningful business opportunities—and moved it from the a five-star resort to a first-class online platform. Leading up to the event, we weren't sure it could fully replicate the Power Meeting experience. Now that it's over, we can safely say it shattered our expectations.
After the event, we asked distributor attendees what they thought about it. We're going to let the stats do the talking here:
- 60 percent are already working on orders with a supplier from the event
- 100 percent said they expect business to come from the event within 3-12 months
- 80 percent rated the event either Excellent or Very Good
- 85 percent said they formed new business relationships
- 93 percent rated that it was Very Beneficial or Beneficial
- 93 percent said they would attend another virtual event
- 100 percent said they would recommend this virtual event to a colleague
- 100 percent said they sent product information to their clients because of the event
And here's what a few distributor attendees had to say:
- “Don't miss it. The meetings are short. They fit into your day. You can take 10-25 minute breaks between meetings. Great ideas during these surreal times.”
- “In today’s COVID environment, this is as close to supplier/distributor networking as you can get. Very interactive and all parties appeared to be 100 percent on board, with plenty of time to spend with you on the calls and dedicated to working together afterwards. Extremely beneficial for all.”
- "Definitely worth the time. Helps locate new vendors and see offerings you may or may not have known others carry that spark ideas for current projects and plant seeds for go-to groups on future projects."
There was plenty more, but you get the idea. And the good reviews weren't limited to distributors. The event was a hit with suppliers, too.
"I do know a successful event when I see (and participate) in one!" said Robin Cunningham, marketing manager for BamBams. "The meetings were easy to schedule, they were well attended, and they were a perfect solution to what is happening in the outside world by providing us the opportunity to 'see' our distributor partners to show them what is new at BamBams. Thanks to all involved for providing this platform. Now the real work begins—the follow up!"
"BIC Graphic and I had the privilege to work with distributors around the country through the Back to Business platform presented by Promo Marketing," said Harold Wood, field sales and account manager for BIC Graphic. "The event hosted virtual meetings through a two-week span, with the focus on how to return to business by leveraging supplier knowledge and trends. The distributors in attendance were of the highest caliber, and it gave us the ability to have real conversations regarding the challenges and opportunities in the current business climate. The platform and everything about the event was well done. We are looking forward to the next one."
When we set out to put together this event, we viewed it as a one-off—a temporary way to stay connected and keep developing the relationships that make the promo industry go. And we all hope that live events come back soon, if mainly for the in-person open-bar happy hours at our Power Meeting events. (That's good networking time!) But after the feedback we received on our first Back to Business event, we decided to add a couple more to the schedule.
We're thrilled to announce that the next Back to Business event will take place Nov. 9-12 and Nov. 16-19. If you want more information on the event, visit backtobusiness.pmpowermeetings.com. And for information on our Power Meetings in general, visit pmpowermeetings.com or contact Mike Cooper at firstname.lastname@example.org.