EPA Names Mohawk to 'National Top 100 List' of Environmental Green Power Users
"Investing in green energy and a clean environment is critical to public health and a robust economy," said Tonko. "I applaud Mr. O'Connor, and his entire team at Mohawk Fine Papers for their commitment to sustainability, local jobs and economic development in the Capital Region."
Mohawk has numerous environmental partnerships and certifications, including longstanding alliances with:
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Green Power Partnership
- EPA SmartWay Transport Partnership
- Center for Resource Solutions Green-e Marketplace
- Green Seal (celebrating a 21-year affiliation)
- The Rainforest Alliance
- The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
Mohawk recognized Earth Day 2015 by encouraging employees to participate in the company's fifth annual Earth Day cleanup. Employees at all Mohawk locations (Cohoes, Waterford and Albany, N.Y., and Saybrook, Ohio) were encouraged to clean up parks, sidewalks and other community areas in the vicinity of their workplaces.
For more information about Mohawk's environmental and sustainable business practices, visit www.mohawkconnects.com/company/environment.