Harco Announces Use of Biodegradable Plastic
NaturesPlast environmental benfits:
• Sustainable, without relying on fossil fuels
• Raw ingredients are agricultural starches (corn, potatoes or other renewable plants)
• Biodegradable in 60 to 180 days in an industrial compost facility
• Requires less petroleum to produce and emits less carbon dioxide
• Meets the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) & European Bioplastics standards for compostability
For Harco, these renewable resources ensure that the cost of production remains constant while creating a material that is phthalate-free, latex-free, asbestos-free, gluten-free and does not contain any heavy metals. It is also compostable under controlled conditions resulting in a safe and environmentally friendly plastic material for a variety of applications including the food service industry.
For more information on NaturesPlast, visit www.naturesplast.com.