Ignite USA LLC, Atlanta, announced a recall of its Bueno by Contigo Kids' Straw Tumblers due to a risk of ingestion. According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), if children chew on the drinking straw, small pieces can break off into their mouths.
The recall includes eight different styles of the tumbler. Each tumbler was sold with a lid and straw—some of which have a plastic mold in the shape of fangs, lips, a mustache or a zipper. The styles are as follows:
- Clear with fangs straw accessory (71591/71844)
- Clear with nectarine zipper straw accessory (71592/71842)
- Clear with mustache straw accessory (71593/71841)
- Clear with cherry blossom lips straw accessory (71594/71843)
- Yellow with off-white lid (71596)
- Pink with white lid (71597)
- Blue with green lid (71602)
- Orange with blue lid (71603)
The model number is printed on a label on the bottom of the cup. Tumblers with the letter "B" engraved on the underside of the lid are not included in the recall.
Approximately 130,000 units were sold at retailers nationwide, such as Meijer and Target, from May 2015 through September 2015.
No injuries have been reported, but consumers should immediately take the item from children and contact Ignite USA LLC for a full refund.