InnerWorkings Announces Third Quarter 2011 Results
InnerWorkings Inc., a provider of global print management and promotional solutions, recently reported results for the three months ended September 30, 2011.
- Record revenue of $157.8 million, an increase of 32.5 percent compared with the third quarter of 2010. This represents the fourth consecutive quarter of record revenue.
- Signed six new enterprise agreements including a major BPO contract.
- Net income was $4.1 million, an increase of 75 percent compared to $2.4 million in the year-earlier period. Earnings were $0.09 per diluted share compared to $0.05 per diluted share in the year-earlier period. Both earnings per share figures include $0.01 per diluted share from the sale of Echo Global Logistics stock.
- Record Adjusted EBITDA of $9.5 million, an increase of 52 percent compared to $6.3 million in the year-earlier period. Please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation table below for more information.
- Year-over-year enterprise revenue growth of 29 percent and transactional revenue growth of 41 percent.
- Record cash flow generated from operations was $12.1 million compared to $2.1 million in the third quarter of 2010.
"We have great momentum in the business, delivering record revenue for the fourth consecutive quarter and signing a major BPO contract," said Eric D. Belcher, chief executive officer of InnerWorkings. "The recent acquisition of Productions Graphics fills out our platform in Europe and helps us to better service large multinational clients around the world. We are executing against our strategy and expect to keep building on our success."
Additional third quarter 2011 financial and operational highlights include the following:
- 72 percent of the company's revenue was generated from sales to enterprise clients, with the remaining 28 percent derived from transactional clients.
- As of September 30, 2011, the Company had an outstanding balance of $53.2 million on its $100 million bank credit facility and retained cash and short-term investments of $11.3 million.
"The record Adjusted EBITDA and operating cash flow we generated in the quarter reflect leverage in the model and the underlying power of the business," said Joseph M. Busky, Chief Financial Officer of InnerWorkings. "We are updating our full-year 2011 guidance to reflect the Company's continued strong performance and the financial impact from the October acquisition of Productions Graphics."
The Company is raising its 2011 revenue guidance from a range of $600 million to $625 million to a range of $620 million to $635 million. The Company is raising its 2011 earnings per share guidance from a range of $0.29 to $0.32 to a range of $0.30 to $0.33.
A conference call will be broadcast live on Thursday, November 3, 2011, at 4:30 p.m. Central Time (5:30 p.m. Eastern Time). The live webcast discussion, which will include a Q&A session, will be hosted by Eric D. Belcher, Chief Executive Officer, and Joseph M. Busky, Chief Financial Officer.
To access the conference call by telephone, interested parties may dial (877) 771-7024. Interested parties are also invited to listen to the live webcast by visiting the Investor "Events & Presentations" section of InnerWorkings' website at investor.inwk.com/events.cfm. A replay of the webcast will be available later that day in the same section of the website.
InnerWorkings Inc. (NASDAQ: INWK) is a leading provider of global print management and promotional solutions to corporate clients across a wide range of industries. With proprietary technology, an extensive supplier network and deep domain expertise, the Company procures, manages and delivers printed materials and promotional products as part of a comprehensive outsourced enterprise solution. InnerWorkings is based in Chicago, IL, employs approximately 1,000 individuals, and maintains 44 global offices. Among the many industries InnerWorkings services are: retail, financial services, hospitality, nonprofits, health care, food and beverage, broadcasting & cable, education, transportation and utilities.
For more information visit: www.inwk.com.
Non-GAAP Financial Measure
This press release includes the following financial measure defined as a "non-GAAP financial measure" by the Securities and Exchange Commission: non-GAAP adjusted EBITDA. We believe that Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA provides useful information to investors because it provides information about the estimated financial performance of the Company's ongoing business. Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA is used by management in its financial and operational decision-making and evaluation of overall operating performance. Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA may be different from similar measures used by other companies. The presentation of this financial information, which is not prepared under any comprehensive set of accounting rules or principles, is not intended to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for the financial information prepared and presented in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. For a reconciliation of this non-GAAP financial measure to the nearest comparable GAAP measure, see "Reconciliation to non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA" included in this release.
This release contains statements relating to future results. These statements are forward-looking statements under the federal securities laws. We can give no assurance that any future results discussed in these statements will be achieved. Any forward-looking statements represent our views only as of today and should not be relied upon as representing our views as of any subsequent date. These statements are subject to a variety of risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from the statements contained in this release. For a discussion of important factors that could affect our actual results, please refer to our SEC filings, including the "Risk Factors" section of our most recently filed Form 10-K.
Related story: InnerWorkings Appoints John Eisel Chief Operating Officer