InnerWorkings Announces Third Quarter 2012 Results
InnerWorkings Inc., a Chicago-based global marketing supply chain company, recently reported results for the three months ended September 30, 2012.
- Revenue of $199.8 million, an increase of 27 percent compared to $157.8 million in the third quarter of 2011. Organic revenue growth in the quarter was 19 percent.
- Record new enterprise account growth of $29 million, an increase of 18 percent compared to the third quarter of 2011. Year-to-date, new enterprise account growth has reached $77 million, an increase of 17 percent over the same period last year. Please refer to the revenue growth table below for more information.
- Non-GAAP Adjusted EBITDA was $11.3 million, an increase of 21 percent compared to $9.4 million in the year-earlier period. Please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation table below for more information.
- Operating income was $7.6 million, an increase of 28 percent compared to $5.9 million in the year-earlier period. Excluding proceeds from the sale of Echo Global Logistics stock in the period, non-GAAP Earnings per Diluted share in the third quarter of 2012 were $0.09 compared to $0.07 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2011. Please refer to the non-GAAP reconciliation table below for more information.
- Year-over-year enterprise revenue growth was 32 percent and middle market revenue growth was 12 percent.
- Company expanded its Brazilian market presence with the opening of São Paulo office in July to support multiple global consumer packaged goods customers in the region.
"We hit two significant milestones this quarter," said Eric D. Belcher, chief executive officer of InnerWorkings. "First, we signed yet another large client contract, our fourth major enterprise deal in the last twelve months. Second, our inside sales team secured their 1,000th middle market business client. Given this recent success, we believe we are well-positioned to maintain our momentum in 2013 and beyond."
Additional third quarter 2012 highlights include the following:
- 81 percent of the company's revenue was generated from domestic sales, while 19 percent was derived from international sales activity.
- Enterprise clients accounted for 75 percent of sales with middle market clients accounting for 25 percent of sales.
- As of September 30, 2012, the company had an outstanding balance of $74 million on its $150 million bank credit facility and retained cash and short-term investments of $9.5 million.
"We continue to execute against our strategy while investing to support our growth," said Joseph M. Busky, chief financial officer. "We are able to leverage our model across the globe which provides us with significant organic growth opportunities."
For the complete Q3 revenue report, see the following online news release. For more information, visit www.inwk.com.