Mohawk Named Exclusive North American Distributor for the Curious Collection and Conqueror
Mohawk, Cohoes, N.Y., has been named the exclusive North American distributor for the Curious Collection and Conqueror lines of papers.
Mohawk will oversee all North American distribution, marketing and sales for these product lines beginning Jan. 1, 2016, and will begin accepting orders for the Curious Collection and Conqueror on Dec. 28, 2015.
“We are very pleased to be named as exclusive distributor for the Curious Collection and Conqueror in North America as a result of our strategic partnership with Arjowiggins Creative Papers," said Bart Robinson, senior vice president of marketing for Mohawk. "We know that materials matter, and we believe these grades uniquely complement our legacy collection of Mohawk fine papers. We look forward to the opportunity to grow sales significantly through our extensive network of merchant partners and through our strong relationships in the print, design and packaging communities."
The strategic alliance began earlier this year when Paris-based Arjowiggins Creative Papers granted Mohawk exclusive rights to manufacture, license, market and distribute Arjowiggins Creative Papers’ luxury packaging products—Delos and Butterfly—while Mohawk granted Arjowiggins Creative Papers exclusive rights to manufacture, market and distribute Mohawk Superfine with iTone through select merchants worldwide.
The Curious Collection is composed of the following seven grades of papers for special projects that call for very saturated color and/or unusual textures:
- Curious Translucents: Naturally translucent papers for use with designs where layering or show-through is desired
- Curious Particles: A 100 percent recycled flecked paper with inclusions for added interest
- Curious Metallics: A rich, glittering alloy adds a shimmery, visual appearance and tactile texture in 24 fashion-forward and complementary colors
- Curious Cosmic: Shimmery reflective colors with a soft matte metal effect and a patented tactile feel
- Curious Matter: Features potato starch to create an intriguing tactile experience
- Curious Touch: A deep, soft matte texture
- Curious Skin: Distinctive surface and saturated, bold colors
Mohawk will launch a new swatchbook featuring the entire line of papers (150 SKUs) within the Curious Collection in early 2016. The Curious Collection is manufactured with FSC-certified pulps, using renewable energy credits (RECs) from energy sources certified by Green-e.
For more information on Mohawk, visit www.mohawkconnects.com.