PPAI Announces Promotional Products Work! Week
Today at the North American Leadership Conference (NALC) in New Orleans, Promotional Products Association International (PPAI) announced the creation of the Promotional Products Work! Week, to take place February 25 through March 1, 2013.
"The first event of its kind, Promotional Products Work! Week unites the industry with one mission, one purpose and one voice to celebrate the crucial role of promotional products and highly skilled promotional products professionals in all aspects of advertising and communications," said Paul Bellantone, CAE, president and CEO of PPAI.
Promotional Products Work! Week is an industry-wide event dedicated to demonstrating the importance of promotional products as an effective advertising medium and communications tool, as well as working with promotional products experts to design and implement creative and successful campaigns. To be celebrated annually, the week-long event is designed for the entire industry -- large and small companies, regional associations, distributors and suppliers, business services providers and multi-line representatives -- to get behind an industry-wide movement in support of demonstrating the power, value and effectiveness of promotional products.
PPAI stated the goals of Promotional Products Work! Week as the following:
- Ensure that the promotional products industry remains vibrant and dynamic
- Empower promotional products professionals to educate current and prospective clients about the power of promotional products
- Work with regional associations to energize and localize campaign penetration into all markets
- Recognize businesses that creatively use promotional products in successful marketing communication campaigns
- Reach national and local legislators to share the strength of the industry and its impact on the U.S. and global economies
- Inform colleges and universities
- Unite the industry, boost morale and motivation
- Raise awareness, educate, inform and recognize
- Increase the use of promotional products
Promotional Products Work! Week will be targeted to reach key audiences and feature a variety of activities such as: open houses, factory tours and hospitality events; new client prospecting and lead generation; ADvocate day focusing on community, colleges and business groups; legislative action and advocacy and customer appreciation.
"This annual event will serve as a cornerstone for recognizing the importance of working with promotional products professionals while creating awareness for the promotional products industry and the power and effectiveness of the medium," said Steven Meyer, MAS, PPAI chair of the board and vice president of sales for Molenaar.
Over the next few weeks, PPAI will provide participants with Promotional Products Work! Week event information, outreach tools and support materials to empower and facilitate large-scale industry participation. PPAI invites the entire industry to join in the celebration of Promotional Products Work! Week in support of the viability, visibility, credibility and community of the promotional products industry. More information on Promotional Products Work! Week can be found at www.promotionalproductswork.org.