PPAI Celebrates Promotional Products Work! Week
May 23 to 27 is Promotional Products Work! (PPW) week, an international grassroots event led by the Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), Irving, Texas, and the promotional products industry to raise awareness about the benefits of promotional products among advertisers, marketers and media buyers. PPAI will join together with industry distributors, suppliers and stakeholders to launch the campaign with open houses; factory tours; student, business and community group presentations; volunteer support; and promotional product donations to local nonprofits, legislative outreach and hospitality events.
“Our goal is to increase our share in the media buy by enabling a deeper understanding of promotional products as an advertising medium among buyers, as well as sharing the benefits of working with certified promotional products professionals,” said Paul Bellantone, CAE, PPAI's president and CEO.
The Product Persona Campaign
This year, the PPW! week campaign gives the promotional product a voice through creative storytelling. The campaign’s storytellers—the life saver, the team builder, the ambassador and the motivator—put into perspective the experiential power the promotional product has over its environment and the engagement of those in it. The campaign’s implementation features a multifaceted digital, social and traditional promotional products media outreach and content series utilizing PPAI research and infographics. The business-to-business campaign targets advertisers and media buyers, and is designed to raise awareness, increase traffic to industry websites and drive business to promotional products distributors.
PPAI L.E.A.D. Virtual Fly-in
As an important part of PPW! week, PPAI leadership and industry professionals from across the U.S. will convene May 25 to 26 in Washington, D.C., to participate in the seventh annual PPAI Legislative Education and Action Day (L.E.A.D.). More than 70 advocates from 30 states will conduct 200-plus meetings with senators, representatives and their legislative staffs on Capitol Hill to discuss pending legislation and issues relevant to the promotional products industry. Thousands more will advocate for the issues by writing letters, emails and social media posts throughout the week during the PPAI L.E.A.D. Virtual Fly-in.
PPAI Legislative Agenda
Key areas of focus for the promotional products industry in 2016 include:
- Ensure the promotional products industry remains vibrant and dynamic
- Protect and preserve the interests of small businesses, and encourage policies that drive innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Create a tax climate that rewards small businesses.
- Adapt the global supply chain to ensure ease of international operations.
How to support PPW! week
- Download the PPW! week guides and toolkits.
- Use the banners, infographics, video and ads to post to websites and social media pages, and embed in emails. Personalize them by adding your logo.
- Add the PPW! "twibbon" to your social profile pic.
- Round up self-promos and samples and donate them to a nonprofit in the community.
- Advocate for the industry by participating in the PPAI L.E.A.D. Virtual fly-in.
- Reach out and thank customers.
- Take lots of photos and share them using the hashtag #PPWWeek.
For more information on PPAI, visit www.ppai.org.