PPAI Study Confirms Effectiveness Of Promotional Products When Compared To Traditional Media
Promotional products--compared to TV, print and online advertising--consistently delivered on higher recall rates of the company/brand, the product/service or both.
An evaluation was conducted to see how many respondents could remember both the advertiser/company and the product/service/message advertised, and in the case of promotional products, the product received, as well. The study found that:
– 83 percent could recall the brand/company advertised
– 75 percent remembered the product/service
– 80 percent clearly identified the type of promotional product
– 74 percent could recall the company/brand and the product/service/message advertised
– 69 percent could remember all three aspects
This section asked consumers which particular action they took after viewing and/or receiving the advertisement. The study found that:
– Consumers made a purchase after receiving a promotional product (20.9 percent) more often than after viewing a print ad (13.4 percent), TV commercial (7.1 percent) or online ad (4.6 percent).
– More than half of promotional products recipients had a favorable impression of the advertiser, as opposed to 33.2 percent who had seen a print advertisement, 27.7 percent who had watched a TV commercial and 11.9 percent who had seen an online advertisement.
– Nearly 60 percent of consumers reported using the promotional product several times, while 7.6 percent let someone else use the item and 4.4 percent passed the product on to someone else.
– 14.7 percent of participants reported contacting the promotional products advertiser--a reaction rate nearly three times greater than other media, which generated a 3 to 5 percent response.
– When respondents were asked if they had or had not taken action after seeing the advertisement, TV viewers topped the "had not" list with nearly half (46.4 percent) saying they were not moved to action, followed closely by 41.1 percent for print media and 33.2 percent for online advertisements. Only 23.1 percent of promotional products recipients reported not taking any action.
For more information PPAI, visit www.ppai.org or call (972) 258-3040.