PPEF 2015 Scholarship Period Now Open
The Promotional Products Education Foundation (PPEF), has announced that the 2015 PPEF scholarship program is now taking applications for the 2015-2016 school year with $150,000 in scholarships available—the most ever awarded in a single year. Since its inception in 1989, PPEF has awarded approximately $1,267,000 in financial assistance.
Funded by Promotional Products Association International (PPAI), Irving, Texas, and donations from the promotional products industry, the scholarship program enables youth and professionals to continue their education on a collegiate level. PPAI and industry patrons have a long-standing commitment of service to the promotional products industry and this fund supports those who demonstrate the same commitment.
“Last year, PPEF awarded $125,000 to 95 new and 27 renewal scholars,” said PPEF chair Rebecca Kollmann, MAS+. “In 2015, PPEF will expand on its commitment to developing future industry leaders by awarding $150,000 in merit- and need-based scholarships to outstanding promotional products industry employees or their children.”
The 2015-2016 scholarship application period is now open, and the submission deadline is Monday, March 16, 2015.
Academic Scholarships offered:
- Four-year Scholarship – ($8,000, awarded $2,000 per year; need-based)
- Four-year Merit Scholarship – ($4,000, awarded $1,000 annually for four years)
- Chairman’s Scholarship – ($5,000, awarded $2,500 annually for junior and senior years)
- One-year Scholarship – ($2,000; need-based, nonrenewable)
- One-year Merit Scholarship – ($1,000, nonrenewable)
- Friends of PPMN Scholarship – ($1,000, nonrenewable; for industry employees only)
Application forms and guidelines are available at www.ppef.us. Application information can also be obtained by contacting Sara Besly at SaraB@ppai.org. Applications must be submitted by Monday, March 16, 2015. Winners of the scholarships will be announced in May. Donations can be mailed to PPEF, 3125 Skyway Circle North, Irving, Texas 75038.