Printing Industries Launches Green Guide For Graphic Communications
Printing Industries of America, Pittsburgh, unveiled The Green Guide for Graphic Communications: Growing and Profiting through Sustainability, a free, members-only online resource to help printers and packaging houses capitalize on their environmentally responsible performance.
The Green Guide includes the most comprehensive environmental self-assessment tool available to date for printing companies. The tool enables a printing facility to accurately assess its green performance across a range of criteria; to use this assessment to establish a niche position in the marketplace; and to effectively communicate its “green” story to prospects, customers and other stakeholders.
The Green Guide offers information, guidance, and resources that can help printers:
* Market their green profile to increase business;
* Make appropriate and credible green claims;
* Better understand third-party certification and eco-labels;
* Communicate their green position effectively with customers, prospects and other stakeholders;
* Effectively use public relations as a means of increasing exposure for their companies; and
* Identify and take advantage of green marketing opportunities in the marketplace.
“Printing Industries of America has developed The Green Guide in order to help our members find new ways to increase revenue,” says Michael Makin, president and CEO of Printing Industries of America. “This unique resource can help printers grow their business by actively marketing their sustainability efforts, attracting new customers, and building a buzz about their company in both the local and national media.”
Makin added, “Those new to sustainability can use this as a 'how-to' guide for putting their best green foot forward, while those who have been involved in this process for awhile can dive into any chapter and pick up fresh insights or hone their marketing skills.”
For more information, visit www.printing.org.