S&S Activewear Releases 2008 Catalog Marking 20 Years in Business
S&S Activewear, based in Bolingbrook, Ill., a national distributor of imprintable sportswear, enters its landmark 20th year in business in 2008 with the release of the largest and most diverse catalog in its history.
The S&S Activewear 2008 Collection contains 384 pages of 1,400 styles from 58 top brands. Among the highlights are expanded offerings in organic and sustainable apparel from several brands. In addition, the catalog cover is printed on TerraSkin, a tree-free paper made from stone. Because it is a fiberless material, TerraSkin uses 20 to 30 percent less ink than conventional papers, and is extremely strong.
The following eight brands are making their debut with S&S Activewear in 2008:
• Augusta: A team apparel provider for more than 30 years
• bella Exclusives: 23 styles for men and women available only at S&S Activewear
• Doggie Skins: Styles for man’s best friend from the makers of Rabbit Skins and L.A.T Sportswear
• edun LIVE: Organic T-shirts for men, women and children produced via a unique business model developed by Ali Hewson and her husband, singer Bono
• J. America: Fashion-forward fleece for the collegiate, resort and high-school markets
• L.A.T Sportswear: The latest trends in women’s fashion basics in a wide range of colors and sizes, including maternity
• Umbro: One of the most recognizable soccer apparel brands in the world
• Van Heusen: Timeless, high-quality wovens for men and women
According to Margaret Crow, marketing director for S&S Activewear, the company’s growth and evolution directly reflects the changes the imprintable apparel industry has undergone, especially in recent years. “It wasn’t too long ago that the bulk of what S&S Activewear carried and what comprised the industry were the basics: T-shirts and fleece,” Crow said. “Today there are so many products available, through technological advancements and an increased level of sophistication in both suppliers and buyers. There truly is a wearable for every need. The basics are still important, but even they have advanced to offer extra features like stretch capabilities, moisture-wicking and anti-microbial properties, and recycled and organic fabrics.”
Crow continued, “We’re excited about our product line for 2008 and feel it offers the best of what’s available. As a company we’re proud of how far we’ve come, and the relationships we’ve developed with our customers and vendors over the past 20 years. It’s exciting to be a part of this industry because it’s only going to continue to evolve. We’re looking forward to being an active part of this evolution for the next 20 years.”
About S&S Activewear
Founded in 1988, S&S Activewear is a national apparel wholesaler stocking 58 leading brands of imprintable apparel, from basic garments to fashion-forward styles. Products include T-shirts, fleece, sport shirts, wovens, hats, bags, aprons, performance apparel and uniforms—all shipped from one location in Bolingbrook, Illinois.
For more information, call (800) 523-2155 or visit www.ssactivewear.com.
Do you have a press release for PromoMarketing.com or Promo Marketing magazine? We are continually looking for the latest information on promotional product suppliers, distributors and the promotional item industry in general.
Please e-mail all promotional product press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org.