Siegel Named PPAI Chairman of the Board
Scott E. Siegel, MAS, president of R.S. Owens & Company, Chicago, a 72-year-old privately held manufacturer and distributor of recognition awards and gifts, has been named chairman of the board of Promotional Products Association International (PPAI). His term began at the conclusion of The PPAI Expo, held last month in Las Vegas.
Siegel was elected by PPAI supplier and distributor members to serve a four-year term on the PPAI board of directors in 2006. Last year, the PPAI nominating committee selected him as chairman, which was subsequently approved by the board or directors and announced to the membership.
In addition to his board leadership responsibilities, Siegel works with fellow PPAI board of directors as well as PPAI committees, advisory councils and staff to fulfill the strategic goals of the association:
- Deliver products, services, experiences and a community essential for member success
- Advocate on behalf of the medium and its professional practitioners to expand and protect the industry
- Create strategic alignments with other organizations to broaden and strengthen the industry
- Use financial, technology, staff and volunteer resources effectively to advance the goals of the association
- Position PPAI as the leader in the global promotional products industry
During his term, Siegel will focus on increasing awareness and use of promotional products both domestically as well as internationally. “Because promotional products are proven, powerful branding tools that play a significant role in the marketing mix, I see great opportunity for global growth of our marketplace,” Siegel said. “Suppliers have the opportunity to export to mature and developing nations, and distributors have the opportunity to sell products or services in many countries where the knowledge and use of promotional products is nonexistent or just beginning. I look forward to using my year as chair to contribute to the continued success of PPAI and its members while addressing the needs of our global marketplace.”