Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy the Clothes
I couldn't be happier to welcome you to the first-ever edition of Threads, Promo Marketing's newest e-newsletter. That's right. It's all style, all the time (in case you weren't sure from the name and all. Get it? Clothes have threads … the Internet has threads …). Simon Wolujewicz, our Northeast regional sales manager, came up with it so please forward all name-related questions or comments to him.
For our inaugural Threads-only chat, I'm going to take you through what we've got going on here, point out the emergency exits, teach you how to buckle your seatbelt and all that. I want to make sure it's smooth sailing from here on in.
Here's the rundown:
1) The Buzz. This features all the apparel-centric news of the last two weeks. Being that this newsletter is twice-monthly, you can still count on Promo Marketing Headlines to keep you in-the-know every week. But when you want all the dirt on
wearables, you'll find it right here.
2) Off the Rack. This will be the blogging portion of our show—straight (sometimes silly) talk on trends and more, plus the juggling of flaming batons* to make things a little more festive.
* Disclaimer: By "flaming" we mean "multiple" and "batons," we mean "projects." Equally fun, but without all the legal issues.
3) Editor's Picks. Every month, Promo Marketing brings you more than 100 of the industry's best and most exciting products. In Threads, we'll be highlighting the best of the best, be they the most fashionable, the most functional or simply the most fun. Check it out below to see what's caught our eye this month.
4) What's in Style? We know you read all of our issues from cover to cover each month. But just in case, we'll bring you a crib sheet of the top apparel sales tips straight from our monthly Style section—you know, in case your copy got lost in the mail or you missed a page or two. This week, find out just how to make sure your performance piece has stay-strong fabric, plus other great tactics to guide your next wearables promotion.
5) From Runway to Reality. Get a little flustered in the world of high-fashion? With the trajectory of our industry heading straight toward retail, it pays to know the latest trends and sound bites from the experts themselves. We'll distill it and show you how it'll relate to your business—all you have to do is click away.
Well, that's it for the first edition of Off the Rack, in the first edition of Threads. It's a lot of firsts, actually, and I'm about to solicit one more. Never commented? Be the first to put down your thoughts or suggestions—we'd love to hear from you. Until then, enjoy the latest addition to the Promo Marketing team.