The Vernon Company Awards Scholarship Winners for 2009
Newton, Iowa-based Vernon Company announced it named 11 high school and college students as scholarship winners in the company's annual William F. Vernon Scholarship program.
First-time scholarships were awarded to three high school seniors and eight college students were awarded scholarship renewals. All winners are children of the Vernon Company employees.
Winners receive a $1,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four years of their college career. Recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, test scores, extracurricular activities and overall conduct.
High school students receiving a first-time scholarship are:
- Trey Ellington, son of Judy Ellington, Virginia.
- Kate Moore, daughter of Sue Moore, Nebraska.
- Kaitlyn Nichols-O’Neil, daughter of Kevin O'Neil, New Jersey.
College students awarded scholarship renewals are:
- Stephanie Bernal, daughter of Manuel Bernal, Iowa.
- Alexandra Burns, daughter of Joe Burns, North Carolina.
- John Burns, son of Patti Burns, Texas.
- Katie Eisbrener, daughter of Jeff Eisbrener, Iowa.
- Tabetha McCormick, daughter of Pam McCormick, Iowa.
- Matthew Miller, son of Dave Miller, California.
- Kali Soderwall, daughter of Scott Soderwall, Texas.
- Kiera Soderwall, daughter of Scott Soderwall, Texas.
The Vernon Company established the William F. Vernon Scholarship program in 1975 to recognize and promote intellectual achievement and to make it financially easier for qualifying students to attend college. The company has awarded over 240 college scholarships since the program’s inception.
About The Vernon Company:
The Vernon Company, a fourth-generation family business founded in 1902, manufactures and markets promotional products. The company has more than 30,000 customers, served by 380 account executives.
For more information on The Vernon Company, visit www.vernoncompany.com.