Vernon Company Announces Staff Changes
The Vernon Company, Newton, Iowa, announced the retirement of two of its corporate officers and subsequent promotion of internal staff.
Dan Stevenson, executive vice president, is retiring from the company after 31 years of service. Stevenson will continue to serve on Vernon Company's board of directors and will assist in an advisory role. Additionally, Jeff Burnett, vice president of marketing, is retiring after 24 years with the company, and will be relocating to Colorado to enjoy some leisure time and work with the company on a project-basis.
"Both Dan and Jeff have had a huge impact upon the performance and long term success of our organization over the last several decades," said Chris Vernon, MAS, president of Vernon Company. "We wish them a long, healthy and prosperous retirement."
As a result of these retirements, the company's board of directors recently approved the following executive promotions effective July 1, 2013.
- Brad Lundquist, senior vice president - operations
- Dave Regan, vice president - sales and marketing
- Joe Stocker, vice president - finance, corporate secretary
"Many congratulations to Brad, Dave and Joe for their hard work and valuable contributions over the past 20 years to Vernon's success and operational excellence and the recognition of their additional responsibilities," Vernon said.
A number of other staff members have either been promoted to new positions or have accepted additional responsibilities in their current roles:
- Sharla Elscott, promoted to national sales manager
- Vicki Wade, promoted to director of marketing
- Vicki Palm, moved into the position of supplier relations manager
- Andrea Smith, assumed corporate communications responsibilities
- Danielle Rogers, changed to communications and sales training coordinator
For more information, visit www.vernoncompany.com.