Vernon Company Awards Scholarship Winners for 2010
The Vernon Company, Newton, Iowa, has named nine high school and college students as scholarship winners in its annual William F. Vernon Scholarship program.
First-time scholarships were awarded to three high school seniors and six college students were awarded scholarship renewals. All winners are children of Vernon Company employees.
Scholarship winners receive a $1,000 scholarship, renewable for up to four years of their college career. Recipients are selected on the basis of academic achievement, test scores, extracurricular activities and overall conduct.
High school students receiving a first-time scholarship are:
* Alexa Dashko, daughter of Andrew Dashko, New Jersey.
* Dustin Gould, son of Cindy Gould, Iowa.
* Lauren Silverman, daughter of Beth Silverman, New York.
College students awarded scholarship renewals are:
* Alexandra Burns, daughter of Joe Burns, North Carolina.
* John Burns, son of Patti Burns, Texas.
* Trey Ellington, son of Judy Ellington, Virginia.
* Kate Moore, daughter of Sue Moore, Nebraska.
* Kaitlyn Nichols-O’Neil, daughter of Kevin O’Neil, New Jersey.
* Kiera Peters-Soderwall, daughter of Scott Soderwall, Texas.
The Vernon Company established the William F. Vernon Scholarship program in 1975 to recognize and promote intellectual achievement and to make it financially easier for qualifying students to attend college. The company has awarded over 250 college scholarships since the program’s inception. Winners and renewals must be the child of a company employee to be eligible for the scholarship.
About The Vernon Company
The Vernon Company, a fourth-generation family business founded in 1902, manufactures and markets promotional products designed to help other businesses increase sales and improve profits. The company has over 30,000 customers, served by 380 account executives and sales managers throughout the United States and Puerto Rico and 210 administrative and production employees in its Newton, Iowa, headquarters and two sign graphics manufacturing subsidiaries based in Missouri and New Jersey.