What Do You Think of Health Care Reform?
With President Obama's signature, the new health care regulations become law. The process of passing the legislation has been cantankerous to say the very least. It's led to a deep sense of partisanship in both the Senate and Congress and left many people wondering if the system itself is broken beyond repair. In an industry with so many small-business owners and salespeople, we at Promo Marketing wanted to hear what the promotional products industry thinks the health care reform will mean for business, in both the short- and long-term. Here is a portion of what is on the White House's Web site and a link to read more on the subject.
The proposal will make health care more affordable, make health insurers more accountable, expand health coverage to all Americans, and make the health system sustainable, stabilizing family budgets, the Federal budget and the economy:
- It makes insurance more affordable by providing the largest middle-class tax cut for health care in history, reducing premium costs for tens of millions of families and small-business owners who are priced out of coverage today. This helps 32 million Americans afford health care who do not get it today--and makes coverage more affordable for many more. Under the plan, 95 percent of Americans will be insured.
- It sets up a new competitive health insurance market giving millions of Americans the same choices of insurance that members of Congress will have.
- It brings greater accountability to health care by laying out common sense rules of the road to keep premiums down and prevent insurance industry abuses and denial of care.
- It will end discrimination against Americans with pre-existing conditions.
- It puts our budget and economy on a more stable path by reducing the deficit by more than $100 billion over the next ten years--and more than $1 trillion over the second decade--by cutting government overspending and reining in waste, fraud and abuse.
What do you think the new health care reform will mean in the long run? Scroll down and leave us your comments and we'll post the best ones.