3 Tips for Last-Minute Holiday Gift Business
Did you know that over 65% of all holiday gift orders are written between now and December 12?
Here are three quick tips to help you cash in on those last-minute orders!
Tip No. 1
Ask every client how they are showing their appreciation and gratitude to their employees and customers this year. Remind them that the true value of gift-giving is connecting with people and what the benefits of choosing food gifts for their holiday gifts are.
Harvard studies indicate that taste memories tend to be the strongest of the associative memories that one can make. Advise your clients that you can help them connect with their employees and customers by creating an experience tied to the context of the gift, paving the way to long-lasting relationships.
Don’t forget to ask the most important questions:
- What is the budget?
- How many gifts are needed?
- Were there any challenges in last year’s holiday gifting program that could be eased with this year’s?
Tip No. 2
Your customers are buying food gifts, even if it’s not from you!
Food gifts are an impressive $7.2 billion market, but promotional products are a fraction of that. Harry and David, Costco, Hickory Farms, and other direct-sellers are selling holiday gifts—to your customers! Tap into the market that’s already there by letting your clients know that you can offer them not only delicious food gifts, but also the service and confidence they’ve come to know when they buy from you.
- You have the relationships.
- These customers are already buying other promotional products from you.
- Show them you can deliver exceptional service and quality food gifts.
Tip No. 3
The easiest way to promote food gifts to your clients is getting them samples. Tasting is believing! We offer multiple sample options, from spec and random samples to show off the complete gift, to virtual samples to tempt your clients into wanting the full experience. Still, we know that these aren’t always options, so here are some additional marketing tools we put together in one convenient toolbox for you:
- Email the digital catalog to your clients—you can even personalize it! Remind them you offer branded gourmet food gifts for their holiday gift needs.
- Get social! This couldn’t be easier. Simply follow Maple Ridge Farms on Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms for easy-to-use end-user-safe social posts. You can also visit our Resource Center, which is filled with tasty promotions to copy and paste.
- A picture is worth a thousand words! Our Resource Center is filled with lifestyle images and product photos that will make your client eager for more.
- Don’t forget your email signature! Adding an image to your email signature is a quick and easy way to gain your clients’ attention. We have a ready-to-go image for you to link to your holiday gift section or our holiday gift book.
- Add a Holiday Food Gifts section to your website or company store program and feature tantalizing food gift images to your homepage. You can also link directly to the Holiday Gifts section of MapleRidge.com.
Following these three tips can only help your holiday gift sales. Try them out today!