5 Powerful Steps to Winning an $18M Contract
Ralph Petty, owner of Petty Marketing in Cleveland, Tenn., didn’t just strike it big, he hit the jackpot when one of the largest national health care providers signed a three-year, $6 million annual print, promotional and e-commerce contract, worth more than $18 million, with him.
Prior to joining Cleveland, Ohio-based Proforma, Petty was with another large distributor group and left to join a network that could offer the resources to win major accounts and support large online store programs.
Within just two years of joining the Proforma network, Petty’s sales multiplied and he quickly became one of Proforma’s Multi-Million Dollar Club members. Now, he is rapidly on his way to his first $5 million year.
Here are the five powerful steps that helped Petty win big:
- Petty identified the opportunity for a request for proposal (RFP)/request for information (RFI) from the client, and turned to Proforma’s North American Major Account (NAMA) team to help him evaluate the opportunity before responding.
- Proforma’s NAMA team worked hand-in-hand with Petty to complete the RFP/RFI free of charge. Its experience and industry knowledge helped set Petty apart from his competition and was critical to him winning the opportunity to present.
- The NAMA team developed a complete client presentation, and Proforma’s e-commerce team created a prototype store for a live demo.
- Tom Rizzi, Proforma’s chief sales officer, offered additional support by joining Petty in presenting the e-commerce solution to the client.
- Petty was the first to present his marketing solution to the client, which was so impressed that it cancelled all other distributor meetings and awarded Petty the business on the spot.
“With Proforma, I’m able to position myself as a full-service marketing agency, which gives me a competitive advantage in winning major accounts and extensive e-commerce projects,” said Petty. “Proforma’s vast resources have made it possible for us to offer a technology solution that will serve more than 20,000 employees across the United States. I joined Proforma because Proforma is the only company in our industry that has a leading technology solution combined with a North American Major Account team to help me win large, multimillion-dollar deals.”
“We are extremely proud of Ralph and excited to help him grow his business powerfully,” said Greg Muzzillo, founder of Proforma. “His success proves why only Proforma can say, ‘We make millionaires.’”
If you want learn more about your opportunity to win big like Petty, please visit www.onlyproforma.com.