7 Reasons Why They Buy From You
Hopefully, by now, you know that you cannot just be a product source and expect to command a premium price or a loyal customer base. Quite simply, if you don’t want to be commoditized, don’t be a commodity. Think about why your customers buy, and work to give them a reason to buy from you. Here are seven reasons why customers will pay more and stay more:
1. They like your “why.” Customers buy “why” you do what you do. In other words, they like what you stand for. Are you associated with a cause greater than yourself and your own profits?
2. You help them get better and be better. Customers will be loyal to you if you help them do their jobs better, and help them become better buyers and marketers. You achieve this by delivering and sharing your knowledge and experience generously.
3. You make them feel better, smarter, safer or savvier. Come on, you can make someone feel better about themselves than a website can, can’t you?
4. You make their lives easier. Most people have to do a lot of different things. You’re the expert who they know they can trust to get it done without a lot of drama. You do it right, and they don’t need to hold your hand.
5. You are their shortcut. You give them more time, more information.
6. Your give them a story by making the interaction an experience rather than a transaction. You make them feel like they made something happen, not just got something done.
7. People they trust trust you.