Getting Your Clients to "Hire" You
Prospecting is hard and when you are fortunate enough to make a connection with a prospect, you need to give them every reason to do business with you. No matter what method you use to connect with your prospect, they are likely to Google you to see if you are any good.
- Ensure your picture is professional, current, and friendly.
- Your picture should be no more than 2 years old or at least not look more than 2 years old.
- Save the family pictures for Facebook, this should be a good representation of you and your brand.
- Logo is a nogo. This is YOU, not your company.
- Make your summary your personal "elevator pitch."
- Keep it short and crafted towards prospects.
- Ensure you use keywords that people might search on (marketing, promotions).
- List all your relevant jobs.
- Include brief descriptions of what you did.
- Craft them to show how it supports you being great in your current role.
- Add specific relevant skills — this is VERY important.
- The first five you add are going to be the most important so think before you type (see why later).
- Begin to ask your preferred clients to endorse your skills. This is VERY easy for them to do and requires a simple click of a button.
- Begin to ask your best clients to consider writing an endorsement for you. This requires a very strong relationship and should only be asked of a few clients.