A Facebook Trend I'm Thankful For!
Although I am not as active as many, I am on Facebook. The "friend" interactions can be positive. Sometimes we hear from old friends we had a good relationship with. Sometimes we hear from old friends we don't want to have anything to do with. Thankfully we have a choice with "friend" requests.
I've reconnected with an old friend who was there and remembers details that I don't when I broke my leg at a motocross race in my youth. Four surgeries and almost 40 years later, my now fused ankle is something I live with daily. Hearing his account of my life-defining moment and seeing him when he comes into town has been a good thing.
I am a fan of pet and kid pictures but don't quite get pictures of food. Games are not for me, but are a nice diversion to how hard we work. I apologize to those who invite me to play Farmville, Diamond Dash and Candy Crush. I don't respond to those requests.
Generally, I think Facebook is a positive communication tool that enhances our lives in ways previous generations never had. Used correctly it is good for business. Facebook helps define our business personality. It also enables us to share good stuff. May I suggest you LIKE the FreePromoTips Facebook Page? Get a first look at products we are featuring and catch the relevant business focused content we post. Watch for our new end-user friendly product videos.
"Seven Things You Don't Know About Me" is a pretty cool Facebook post that people are sharing. I've not taken time to do this, but it's positive and enables you to learn more about your Facebook "friends."
What I do find refreshing is trending Facebook posts on what you are thankful for. This is timely at the Thanksgiving and Holiday Season. Life is crazy busy for most of us. Taking the time to share these things is worthwhile.
I've not done this either, but I am going to. Here are a few things I'm thankful for:
- I'm thankful for a faith that has carried me though many years, keeping me grounded, with a focus on caring for others, having integrity, and giving me peace in the midst of life's insanity.
- I'm thankful for my wife who amazingly puts up with me. (We just celebrated our 20-year anniversary!)
- I'm thankful for my son, who is growing into an amazing young man. He's a leader, a great drummer and is a good friend to many people.
- I'm thankful for my daughter who has become an amazing woman and mom to her kids.
- I'm thankful for our three unique dogs that bring us such joy: Spud, the miniature dachshund with a big personality. Barlow, the rescued lab, who has a sweet, loving spirit. And Kobe, our pound hound senior citizen that is full of life.
- I'm thankful for good coffee, my home and the great community I live in.
- I'm thankful for the growth of FreePromoTips.com, the industry resource program I started with a vision to help others as I was helped when I entered the industry.
- I'm thankful for the many friends I've made in the industry. The relationships I have with business colleagues and supplier partners make my career choice rewarding.
- I'm thankful for a group of industry leaders who have generously given of their valuable time to help me with business direction. (You know who you are.)
- I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to try and make positive difference in my local community and my industry.
- Lastly ... I'm thankful that I have a platform to share my thoughts and address issues that effect our business and personal lives. Going forward, my goal is to give more people the opportunity to reach our significant FreePromoTips audience of over 50,000 industry contacts. If you are interested in contributing please feel free to contact me.
What are you thankful for? Whether you write a formal list or simply reflect on thankfulness, this is the season where we can reflect on the past year and look forward to the coming year. I wish you all the best during the Thanksgiving and Christmas season.
As we enter the Holiday's, we are excited to offer you a rare opportunity to get a look into the unique life of my good friend Rod Brown. Rod is the CFO from Top 50 distributor MadeToOrder and a well-known industry leader. "Welcome to the Jungle" will give you insight into what makes this successful man tick. Why does he leave the comfort of his nice home to help people in Africa? How is it that he has the time to leave for three weeks? You won't want to miss this unique online session. For more information and the link to register, click here. Register now and log on early, as space is limited. This session is brought to you with the support of ETS Express, one of Rod Brown's preferred suppliers.
Jeff Solomon, MAS is affiliated with a Top-10 distributor company. The FreePromoTips.com website and e-newsletters he publishes are packed with beneficial information and exclusive FREE offers from a few forward-thinking supplier companies. Don't miss out on what's happening! Opt in to receive their e-newsletters! LIKE their page on Facebook, follow them on twitter and connect with Jeff on LinkedIn.