What’s Happening with Trade Shows?
The show floor was busy. Throughout the day several suppliers had the opportunity to share their lines in a more intimate setting through the Sizzling Supplier Session format. This innovative component was implemented at the SAAC Show as an added benefit for distributors and suppliers.
We had the opportunity to film some suppliers showcasing their new products you may not have seen. Click the links below to get a close up look at these great product lines in these informative videos:
- Phil Martin from Warwick Publishing Co. shows a colorful new take on a classic product.
- Sheila Basswood from Fields Manufacturing shares a new tech item.
- Barbara Forde from Bag Makers speaks about the supplier's innovative technology.
- Mark Trotzuk from Boardroom Eco Apparel discusses his unique apparel line.
- Mark Jenson talks about the latest from Pioneer Line.
- David Goldfarb unveils new back-to-school products from Evans Manufacturing.
Here are a few interesting statistics about trade shows:
- 81 percent of trade show attendees have buying authority.
- 67 percent of trade show attendees represent a new prospect and potential customer.
- 46 percent of trade show attendees are in executive or upper management.
- The No. 1 reason for attending trade shows is to see new products.
Suppliers have told me that in today’s environment, regional association’s have a great opportunity to facilitate an effective trade show. The scale of these can vary in size, but they bring in a high-quality buyer and have the flexibility to be creative with their events.
The SAAC Show, as a regional association event, adds a few nice touches to their show. SAAC provided lunch for suppliers on set-up day. Sizzling Supplier Education Sessions on the show floor were beneficial. The evening event featured wine tasting and a performance by the Industry All-Star Band. Next up was the rocking ZOOMcatalog party at a dueling piano bar. On day two, SAAC brought out the In and Out Burger truck with a free lunch for everyone. This is a cultural icon in the west and people love it!