Getting It Right
As I write this post, I think of that billboard and realize it can be applied to almost anything, really. All too often we easily fall into a trap of self-doubt and negativity. I’m not exempt from this. In light of an unpredictable economy or a grueling work schedule sometimes met with little reward, it can be easy to allow a bad moment to mar an otherwise perfectly good day. So instead of being hard on yourself for making a mistake (e.g., missing out on a potential sale, forgetting to do something, etc.), take a moment to remind yourself what you’re doing right. Make a list—it can be daily or weekly—even if that seems silly. I’ll go first.
- I completed a successful production cycle for our sister publication Print+Promo last Friday.
- I sent out a list of inquiries for an upcoming product section this morning. I didn’t expect to hear back from anyone due to the Expo in Vegas, but someone did in fact get back to me.
- I drank two bottles of water today. I never get thirsty, but water is essential and I pushed myself to finish the bottles. Maybe I’ll drink three tomorrow!
- I did some much-needed filing. A cluttered desk = a cluttered mind (who has time for that?).
- I wrote this post a day ahead of schedule so I can enjoy my evening and I don’t have to scramble to get it done in the morning.
What does your list look like? What are you doing RIGHT?