What’s Your Most Powerful Sales Tool?
Did you know one of the most powerful tools for increasing your sales is always with you and it's free? What is it? It's your mindset. As a promotional products sales professional, it's important to keep a positive mindset no matter what's happening around you. Being positive and proactive (focusing on what you can do, not what you can't) will go a long way in increasing your sales and income.
Here are eight steps to take today:
- Focus on what you can control: your beliefs, your thoughts and your actions.
- Surround yourself with positive people. You know who I mean. The people who are upbeat, positive and encouraging.
- Focus on what you want to happen, Your thoughts become your reality. Write a daily intention every day, that's the thing you most want to happen or accomplish that day.
- Turn off the negative news. I'm a big believer in staying informed, but too much negative news can have a detrimental effect on your income and attitude.
- Change the conversation. If someone around you is getting negative, change the conversation or end it.
- Keep a success journal. At the end of every business day, write at least one or more positive thing that occurred that day, no matter how small.
- Exercise and get plenty of rest. I know you've heard this before, but the better shape you're in mentally and physically, the better shape your business will be in.
- End your day with an inspiring book or audio. You'll sleep better and wake up in a positive frame of mind.
This week's question: What do you do to keep a positive mindset? Which of these strategies has worked for you? I'd like to hear from you. Just hit the comments button below to reply.
Rosalie Marcus, The Promo Biz Coach, is a promotional products business expert, coach and speaker. Combining her skills and years of experience in promotional sales, she helps her clients sell more at higher profit margins and dramatically increase their incomes! Get a FREE special report: 10 Big Mistakes Promotional Professionals Make and How to Avoid Them and a FREE Skyrocket Your Sales audio download at www.promobizcoach.com. Reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 572-6766.