The 2015 Online 18
16. Jason Lucash
Funny, interesting, engaging and the only one on this list to have survived shark tank (to my knowledge). Jason is keeping it real and engaging online with over 20,000 followers and has introduced me to the sock game which is something I never knew about. Jason does a great job as a supplier keeping his content interesting.
17. Megan Erber
Rumor has it that if I left Megan off the list again this year, I might not be able to walk for a few months. Known for her ability to dominate most anyone she grapples with, Megan keeps it real online and says what is on her mind. With an impressive Klout score and online engagement, Megan is building her brand online and offline and her high Klout score is a reflection of her constant engagement.
18. Sonya & Brian Beam
The "Beams," as they are known to many, are a great team and a great way to complete the list. Amazing at branding online and offline, the Beams are exceptional at marketing and engaging with their clients via social media. They also happen to be very nice people who are very successful.
An important footnote. Several people on this list are heavily involved in www.promokitchen.org. As a new chef to Promokitchen myself, this might appear to be a bias but it is not. Instead, it is a reflection of how Promokitchen focuses on industry influencers and uses them to create/share great content.
Key criteria I used to compile this list, in order of importance:
1. Suggestions and input from 2014 Online18 influencers.
2. Focused on the promotional products industry.
3. Ability to extend the conversation beyond online including offline contributions and success.
4. Excellent content not primarily focused on selling or self-promotion.
5. Original and interesting content.
6. Consistent sharing timing (no big gaps).
7. Engagement with followers/connections.
8. Broad social media presence.
9. An individual, not a brand (exceptions made for individuals who are the brand).
10. Only one individual from any company or affiliated organization unless they are a "team."
11. Klout score.