The Ash City Fashion Show Event
4. The machines used to store and move packages in the 60" aisles are wire- and magnet-guided for safety.
5. Ash City decorates 22 percent of the apparel they send out.
6. Orders are shipped within 2 to 3 hours of receiving garments. All garments/orders are checked at least twice before leaving. Adjustments to sizes can be made in the warehouse if need be before the order goes.
7. The warehouse holds a lending library. Distributors can borrow up to 45 garments for 15 days. There is one of every men's and women's style in men's large and women's medium. Different sizes become an order.
8. The Ash City warehouse is the biggest building in Richmond Hill, Ontario. All fire departments and officials in the area have come in to familiarize themselves with the layout in case of a disaster, which probably makes it one of the safest buildings to work in.
The Wine & Cheese Reception
The Ash City wine event in Vegas is legendary in the industry so I felt lucky to attend one in the headquarters. I was able to meet and mingle with the president/CEO, designers, marketing and PR team, and other staff. Pictures of the wine and cheese spread are above. Check out the lovely etched Ash City wine glasses.
The Fashion Show
Ash City employees worked the looks on the runway, making for an energetic show as their coworkers cheered them on. Look here for more information on the line. The two main takeaways for me: mulberry purple (pictured above on the Barcode shirt) and cinched waists. While heather gray has been an industry staple for a while, I really love the Gravity I received in my press goodie bag (also pictured above).