To iPad or Not 2 iPad
Confession from a Droid user.
Some of you still don’t have an iPad. You've got many reasons but they are all wrong. Including if you don't think you can afford it. If you are in sales, you can't afford not to have it. I mean it. It is one of the best investments you'll make.
- Make presentations.
- Download the best photos you can from promomarketing.com/SAGE/ESP/Trade Only and "swipe" through them for your presentation. It's beautiful.
- Promo Marketing, Trade Only and ESP are available on the web and SAGE has a beautiful iPad app.
- Take notes when meeting with clients.
- Use Evernote, a new favorite app of mine. Take your notes, tag them and they are ready for you back at your office on your PC/Mac.
- If you need help typing, get a Bluetooth keyboard but I recommend you fight through it, it took me weeks but now I'm glad I type on screen and I don't have the thickness of that keyboard.
- There are even great note taking applications like Motability (Skitch is great too) that allow you to write/draw with your finger. No more art sketched on napkins.
- Play Words with Friends.
- I'm on WWF if you care to take a challenge. Be forewarned, my wife has taught me well…
- Hanging is fun too…
- Keep in touch.
- The email app is much better than your phone and better than your PC/Mac for reading (but I still like my PC for replying with any content).
- Use Facetime or Skype to have a video phone wherever you go.
- Read books.
- Let your kids/grandkids play with it.
- My two-year-old twin girls are basically in preschool with the apps. They use an iPad better than my mom (sorry mom).
And one more thing regarding the new iPad. It is new so there will be issues. In fact, they are saying that charging is an issue (some games won't charge while playing and still drain) and a few other issues about heat. But Apple will fix eventually so don't worry too much.