How One Distributor Added $2,000 to a Work-From-Home Kit Order: a Back to Business Virtual Power Meeting Success Story
When we wrapped our first Back to Business Virtual Power Meeting, held at the end of August into September, 100 percent of distributor attendees who responded to our exit survey said they expected business to come from the event within 3-12 months. We saw similar numbers after our Fall event in November.
We're not surprised. This is, after all, exactly what our Power Meetings are designed to do—build relationships and make connections that help distributors generate ideas and grow their businesses. And while we have plenty of stats that show how well Power Meetings do that, it's always nice to hear real success stories directly from distributors who have attended.
Youssef Fadel, business development for NEPM-New England Promotional Marketing, Wilbraham, Mass., is one of those distributors. Fadel attended Promo Marketing's Back to Business Virtual Power Meeting - Fall Edition in November, and won one of three $1,000 prizes for being the most engaged at the event. But he also walked away with some completed orders as a direct result of his meetings.
Fadel did orders with High Caliber, Navitor and Showdown Displays after meeting with the suppliers at the event, and quoted projects with 3M, Garyline and Xpres. One of those meetings went particularly well. Fadel, who was assembling a work from home wellness kit for a bank customer, was able to add a quick $2,000 to the order after Patty Gomez from High Caliber suggested he add a "fun" item to the kit.
"One of the great things about this type of event is that you get an opportunity to spend great one-on-one time with suppliers," said Fadel. "You get so much more when you get to know the people (supplier owners and reps). If you don’t know them going in, it is a great way to learn a few key things about them and determine if it is someone you want to work with in the future. If it is someone you know, you can use the time to dig a little deeper into the company or specific projects. I would definitely recommend it to anyone serious about this business."
Fadel's is just one of many success stories we've heard from distributors who have attended one of our Back to Business Virtual Power Meetings. (Check out this story about a distributor who came away from the event with an upgraded showroom.)
Want to see for yourself? We’re hosting another round of relationship-building and networking fun at the Back to Business Virtual Power Meeting – Winter Edition, happening Jan. 25-28 and Feb. 1-4. The event is free to attend for qualified distributors.
- Business Development / Networking – Connections that lead to meaningful business opportunities.
- What’s Selling – Top suppliers from both the print and promo communities will showcase their latest products and trending items.
- Interactive Virtual Platform – Artificial intelligence matchmaking algorithm recommends supplier and distributor connections, so you’ll always be matched with someone who is relevant to you.
- Product Solution Showcase – Interact with products, view videos, request meetings and chat with suppliers and colleagues.
- Continue the Conversation – Supplier content, white papers, case studies and communication tools for all participants available for 30 days post-event.